Monday 16 April 2012

4C- Questions for Professional Associate

I have a few colleagues who I am lucky enough to be able to put these questions too. They are also in different areas of teaching, some in primary, some as freelance in the area and local schools and two who have just set up their own dance schools. I have compiled a few questions (similar to the ones in my earlier blog that I asked myself) to put to them about their practice and their path of how they got there. Here are my proposed questions for them and I will blog their answers and see how they vary with their different backgrounds.
  • Did you always see yourself teaching, or is this where change of events and choices have led you to?
  •  How did you gain your teaching qualification? (PGCE, GTP, Examining boards)
  • How has your previous training helped in gaining your teacher's qualification and indeed now, with your teaching career?
  • Do you feel there is enough government support for aspiring teachers? In the education system and also for the Arts?
  • Is having a background in Arts and performance an advantage when looking at job prospects in education?
As my Line of enquiry is looking at different pathways into Primary education I wanted to focus my questions on what may help me with this, learning from others experiences. I will blog again once they have got back to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment