Monday 16 April 2012

Reviewing my Rewad Title

I find myself thinking about this one at the most random times, when im driving, or in the shower. I dont know if Im alone in this, but I never realised this was a factor I would need to consider in the BAPP course! However, knowing that it is I have been exploring different titles, obviously keeping in mind that I want to work in Primary Education. I would also lik to keep options open with working in Nurseries and private education too. I spent a lot of time volunteering at a local Sure Start Nursery working with children with special needs, having never worked one-on-one with children with special needs, I was surprised by how much I learnt from the children themselves and the environment. I attempted a few dance classes with them and loved seeing how they responded to the different music. With this in mind, I dont know wether to keep my award title quite general rather than being too specific.  I was toying around with ideas such as "BA Honors in professional Practice in development in education" but that doesnt really specify my previous training. But then, do I need to mention this when the feild I want to go in to, will not specifically be dance? Or will it get me slightly ahead by adding a specialty into my title such as "BA Honours in Professionl Practice in Dance and development"

I came to the conclusion that I will always be proud of my previous professional training, and, whilst not specifically using it for a performance job, I do feel that it will give me a strong background to further educate myself and have future employees know that i can bring something different to their school. Therefore I think I have settled on myaward title being

"BA Honors in Professional Practice in Dance and Education"

Id really appreciate any feedback my BAPP colleagues may have, please feel free to let me know! Thanks in advance :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Yes Michelle I think your award title is perfect for you. I was also thinking of something similar as if it is dance education then you are limiting it to dance really whereas you are saying here dance AND education so could be looked at as dance if you are thinking of going down that route or education if you are thinking an academic route

    ReplyDelete