Monday 16 April 2012

SIG-What Im learning

So before embarking on this second module of the BAPP course I had never come across a SIG before and it took me quite a while to get my head around what it actually was. Once I had looked into a few things and requested to join Sarahs and Liams SIG aboutteaching qualifications, I realised what it actually envolved. What a brilliant way to communicate with others who may be colleagues or in some cases cmplete strangers who might be in the same situation as yourself and can offer help and advise or even just shed some light on info the individual has been looking for.

I initially looked at Sarah's ideas with regards to a SIG group, as I know she was on a similar path to me with becoming a TA and looking at possibiliteies to take that path further. I then came acroos the SIG on LinkedIn where the converstaion explores the different qualifications and path ways in to teaching. A GTP is something I have looked in to and was looking in to doing before I embarked on this course, but decided I wanted to gain this qualification first. I have a few friends who are teachers and work with people who are training all the time, wether it be through a PGCE (which is also a widely known teaching qualification) and a GTP. However, I was surrised and grateful to learn about PCET as I had never come across this before. After researching further in to this I noticed that this was for teaching in post compulsory secors such as colleges and higher education. Although fantastically useful to know, I am trying to home in and concentrate on becoming a Primary School teacher. But like I said, having all the information available and continuing to learn about different pathways is great, you can never know too much and it is always better to have a few options available, or at least aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment